Installing an Electric Hob

Postby i g lowe » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:00 pm

Trying to install a halogen hob instructions specify 2.5mm cable seems a bit light to me.6.2kwts.If this is heavy enough Iwould imagine it would require adedicated circuit can anybody confirm.It would be much appreciated.[/list][/list]
i g lowe
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby Mill Spark » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:57 pm

Using diversity your hob @ 6.2Kw works out at 15A. So 2.5mm cable is adequate, and a dedicated 20A radial circuit would be the way to go.

Although if you already have a cooker circuit not in use by another oven or cooker, you could use this circuit to feed your hob. The existing fuse or circuit breaker would need to be down rated to 20A though.

Don't forget if you decide on installing a new cable to supply your hob you'll have to abide by Part P, as it will be a new circuit in a kitchen.

Mill Spark
Mill Spark
Progress to next rank:

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!