A tile can be called a manufactured form of ceramic, stone etc. These are all strong resources. The word tile comes from a French word called 'tuile'. Tiles are used for a lot of purposes, such as flooring etc. Let's move on to understand the process of installing a ceramic wall tile.
Ceramic Tile Installation - Material
For installing ceramic wall and floor tiles, you require ceramic tiles, adhesive for tiles, a grout mix, measurement tape, pencil, level, caulk, a saw used to cut tiles, sponge, notched trowel, tile spacers, rubber float, and spacers.
Installing Ceramic Wall Tiles
• The primary step is to set the right layout of your wall. In order to install the ceramic tiles, measure the length and width of your wall, locate and begin installation from the center of the wall. Further to ensure whether the tile pattern fits properly on the edges, 'dry fit' the tiles.
• Now, with the help of a pencil, a few horizontal and vertical lines should be marked on the wall, as the size of the tile has to be the same on reaching each end.
• The next step is to apply the tile adhesive onto the wall with the help of notched trowel and fix the tiles on the adhesive. Do not forget to leave spaces between the tiles which can be done with the help of tile spacers.
• Further trim the tiles on the ends, if required. If the tiles are sharp at the ends, sandpaper could be used to smoothen them.
• Leave the tiles to dry and bond properly with the adhesive for the whole night.
• Ensure that the tiles have dried up the next day and then remove the tile spacers
• Next step is to mix the grout.
• Apply the grout at an approximately 45 degree angle with the help of a rubber float. The excess or the unwanted grout mix can be removed with the help of a sponge.
• Remove the haze that appears on the grout after about 60-70 minutes.
• The final step is to take the caulk and seal the edges.
While using ceramic floor tiles on the wall, many people come across some common questions like, "What type of adhesive do I use on a ceramic wall?" or "How to paint a ceramic wall tile?". Well, a latex glue or adhesive is suggested to use so as to strengthen the bond between the tile and the wall. Painting a ceramic wall tile is not a difficult job. You need to scrub the tile in order to clean it completely. The next step is to take a sand paper and a sand block and remove the glossy surface from each and every corner of the tile. Further on, after cleaning the tile, apply the bond primer in order to bond the tile and the paint. On drying the primer, paint the tile with an oil paint and let it dry. You will have to apply a number of coats and let the tile dry, so a strong surface is created. This procedure could be applied for the indoor as well as the outdoor ceramic.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!