Installing Statesman Touch Control Induction Hob Myself
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
FrankTee
Labourer
Labourer

Installing Statesman Touch Control Induction Hob Myself

Post by FrankTee » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:17 am

Hello!

I'm thinking of improving my kitchen with the Statesman Touch Control Induction Hob, and I was hoping for any tips to make the installation as easy as possible?

I'm not a DIY guy by nature, but I can't take forking out even more money for something I could possibly do myself!

Any suggestions welcome!

Frank

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Installing Statesman Touch Control Induction Hob Myself

Post by ericmark » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Induction hobs come in many flavours, there are versions designed to run on 13A outlets, most need 32A cooker connection units, the touch controls also vary, had to rip one out because my mother could not read the display in a wheel chair.

The great advantage is how quickly it responds, however for that to work you need a good HMI (human machine interface) and many of the touch controls are useless, in the main knobs are better.

It also allows you to tilt the pan a little, and does not heat the kitchen as much as any other cooking ring.

Because all the heat goes into the pan as well as not heating the room, it also needs less heat, so 700W per ring would actually work.

In England you may well be able to wire it yourself, but with information given I can't really answer.

FrankTee
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Installing Statesman Touch Control Induction Hob Myself

Post by FrankTee » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks for that though, that was really helpful about the different types!

Sorry about the non-specifics, realised after that it probably didn't help! The one I'm looking to get is this one https://www.buyhomeappliance.co.uk/stat ... uction-hob Do you reckon it will be easy to fit myself?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:12 am