Instant Hot Water Circuits - Run on Single Loop or Split?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

kev-in-spain
Labourer
Labourer

Instant Hot Water Circuits - Run on Single Loop or Split?

by kev-in-spain » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:15 am

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so here's a quick introduction. I have spent about 35yrs of my working life in the construction industry and ran a commercial interiors company (office, hospital refurbs etc) for many of those years. Over time, I have learnt a fair amount about most of the trades involved in this type of work. I don't profess to be an expert in any of them, I know my limitations and I know what's dangerous and not to get involved in. However, using my experience, I have embarked on a quite serious refurb project on my old (about 200yrs) house here in Spain, on the outskirts of Barcelona. I want to carry out as much of the work as possible myself, not purely for financial reasons but because I really enjoy my work.
This forum seems to be ideal for someone in my position and I'm hoping, as I do have quite a lot of experience in the building game, I will be be able to contribute as well as get information that I'm going to need to complete my project.

So, to the point and my first question on this forum.
I'm looking for advice on instant hot water circuits and whether to run on single loop or split it into legs for each bathroom/kitchen using a manifold.
The house will have a kitchen, two bathrooms and a utility room. However, I'm thinking that the utility room will not need a circuit as it's situated very close to the hot water cylinder.
If I do it in one circuit the overall run of tube will be about 50m and I'm concerned about one shower 'robbing' hot water from the other if both are in use at the same time. Would running through a manifold eliminate this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Kev

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:19 am