Insulating a 9inch brick wall, to conform to regulations

Postby A7mick » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:15 pm

I am converting a chapel built 1855 which has solid brick walls.I wish to line the inside with 'Kingspan' or similar insulation , and then cover with plasterboard and skim. What are the regulations for attaching studding timber to the solid walls, and what thickness of insulation is required. Do I have to create a cavity/ I will make a DPC using an injection system
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:03 pm


Simply Build It

Postby eljaybee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:19 pm

easiest answer is check with the manufacturers and install to their guide, which should have a BBA (British Board of Agrement) Certificate.
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:53 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics