Insulating from inside - Old House
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MATTBUZZBILL
Labourer
Labourer

Insulating from inside - Old House

by MATTBUZZBILL » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:29 pm

I've over the years tried various things to insulate from inside; Baton and insulation between batons with plaster board over the top, insulation boards with plasterboard over top with fixings and now insulation backed plaster board.

My query is, the house still does not have the initial warmness of a more modern house. I dont get it. My walls are technically insulated, albeit nt the same as a cavity.

also, any advice on the correct level of ventilation? Clearly i dont want too much draught! Help! (cold).

Did it myself
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Did it myself » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:57 am

Hi,

Are you sure its the insulation thats the main problem as it sounds like you have done this already?

Is your heating system working fully? or do you have the correct sized radiators for each of your rooms. My understanding is that insulation in old houses will reduce the heat lost and the energy wasted when heating the house only for it to escape, and not necassarily to make you feel noticeably warmer. It could be that the main problem is not that the heat is escaping but that the heat output from your system is not doing the business?

Just a thought.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1