internal condensation
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

beaumontnz
Apprentice
Apprentice

internal condensation

by beaumontnz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi,

I have just refurbished a property and am experiencing considerable condensation on some internal walls.
We dried it out fully with dehumidifiers before any decoration took place,but now the property is occupied, the condensation has started to appear.
This is an old house,approx 1940's build.It has no eaves as such on the roof,it has had new double glazing and has been replastered.
We have put in a vent axia in the bathroom and done some damp profing on the ground floor.
The condensation however is mainly upstairs.
We have checked the roof for leaks(can't find any) and are therefore assuming this is just condensation.The tenants say they are 'airing' the property,but mould is starting to appear on the walls.
I have had some conversations with some damp 'experts' and ,as usual they tend to decend into a sales pitch,this particular one,into a pitch for a kleen air system,which is supposed to rectify this type of problem.How it works is by increasing the air flow in the building and monitoring the humidity.
At close to a grand for this system,I'm naturally hesitant.
I cannot see a simple solution to this.
Does anyone have any feedback about his kind of problem?
Any one fixed a situation like this?
Any one used this type of kleen air system?

It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:57 pm