internal cracks
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
T Toatler
Labourer
Labourer

internal cracks

by T Toatler » Wed May 14, 2008 10:01 pm

In addition to some external cracks I have noticed formation of a long diagonal type crack form ceiling to floor in downstairs room. This has also manifested itself in room on other side of wall. It is a solid support wall with plasterboard attached. I can push a small knife through it and am sure the brick is cracked. I am told it is most likely settlement but how can it be repaired. I dont have any other such cracks internally apart from the usual drying out ones in corners etc. Any ideas please?

LCL
Ganger
Ganger

by LCL » Sat May 17, 2008 6:53 pm

T Toatler

Diagonal cracking both inside and out should not be braushed aside without proper consdieration.

I would very, very strongly advise you to seek advice from a Chartered Building Surveyor / Structural Engineer.

Hope this helps

LCL

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:07 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:42 am