Internal Door used externally.
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mattbrfc
Labourer
Labourer

Internal Door used externally.

by mattbrfc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi i have a question about a house i am renting.

My back door that is leading into the garden is what looks like an internal door. The door could be kicked through easily and up until i put them plastic brush strips around it and draught strip you could see daylight through it practically from all sides.

Now the house is freezing at the minute even when the heating is on full whack. The back windows (2, kitchen and bedroom) are only single pane glass, front is double glazed.

Around the door frame and in general the back wall gets wet through when the heating is on so is starting to get mouldy. I have rung up the landlord and they said they will put in a new door and windows BUT the rent will go up.

Now do i have any rights, i.e is it against building regulations for an internal door to be used externally, i am more concerned over the door getting kicked in at the min rather than the heat loss as i have already had people in the back garden thieving some ladder and paint tins out the shed.

Any help will be really appreciated.

mattbrfc
Labourer
Labourer

by mattbrfc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:23 pm

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1