Internal Feature Window
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
groundhog
Labourer
Labourer

Internal Feature Window

by groundhog » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Hello,
We had a conservatory built a few years ago - it comes off our lounge. Love the conservatory but it has made out lounge dark and gloomy. Only option is to create a feature window on one of the internal walls - other side of which is a very sunny porch. I was thinkng of maybe an arched window - my husband is totally opposed!! The wall in question is not load bearing but is breeze block so I know the mess will be horrendous. Ive looked on the internet and cant see many ideas for internal windows so im wondering if anyone has created one to introduce more light into a room - was it a success or is there anything else you can suggest. Looked into solartubes but dont fancy them for a lounge ( but could be wrong of course). It just gets me down - on a lovely sunny day its like walking into a cave - probably because the hallway that leads into it and the conservatory that leads from it, are both very sunny.
Any thoughts from anyone please??

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 pm

groundhog,
Solar tubes are really expensive, cut a hole in the wall fit a frame and install glass to fit the frame. Don't forget that if the glass is below 800mm above FFL you will have to use toughened glass. Also try fitting a large mirror to reflect light from outside.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:25 am