Is it ok to cover an air brick?
Ask questions and find answers on all your decking problems and issues

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stringski
Labourer
Labourer

Is it ok to cover an air brick?

by stringski » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Hello everyone on DIY Doctor. I'm new to this forum and hope that some kind person can give me some advice! :D
I'm in the process of having part of my rear garden decked from the patio doors so that we walk straight out of the house at the same level. We have an airbrick in the rear wall and i noticed today that the workmen had fastened a long piece of wood the whole length of the wall so that the decking can be fixed on top just under the patio doors. I mentioned at the time my concerns as to whether they were going to cover the airbrick and they told me they would drill holes in the plank of wood. Work has finished for today and we have been left with a membrane secured over the batons ready for the decking to be laid tomorrow. I have had a peek under the membrane and there are no holes at all in the plank of wood bolted to the house! What will happen with the air brick covered? Is it right to do this? What should we do? Please help. Many Thanks!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm

stringski,
The air bricks should be kept clear so your suspended floors are ventilated. Provided it is an open deck costruction a hole could be cut in the wall plate to correspond with the airbrick.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:00 pm