IS MY BOILER TO BIG....
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paggy
Labourer
Labourer

IS MY BOILER TO BIG....

by paggy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:07 pm

I havea Vailient boiler which according to my manual produces 28 - 31 KW. This boiler
was already installed when I moved into my property. The property has 2 bedrooms,
frontroom, backroom, kitchen, hall and batroom. I have rads in all rooms excluding the
kitchen the bathroom just has a towel rad which is just for towels it does not convect
any real heat.
But what I have noticed and im really fed up with this is that my rads get hot to the
touch but convect very littel heat. for instance if your hand is more than say 5-6"
inches away you will feel nothing.

Now what I have heard recently and by delving online is that if your boiler is too big
for what you have attached to it, it will not work efficently so when the water does a
circle of the system it shuts itself down because it thinks its hot enough ?, basically
its underloaded. Could this be the case.
One way to get around this if the above is the case, is too get bigger rads that produce
more heat output so driving the boiler to work at its max. Basically my house is a

1900's two up two down semi, surley with with a boiler that can produce 28 -31kw it
should be nice and toasty but its not.

Any advice welcome.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Have you got a room stat? What temperature is it set to? Does the heat in the room increase if you raise the temp on the roomstat?

Have you got TRVs on your rads? What are they set to? Try winding them up to max in conjunction with raising the temp on the roomstat.

When you are too hot then adjust both in the opposite direction until you are comfortable.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1