Is There a Fan Assisted Radiator Equivalent to the TRV?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Is There a Fan Assisted Radiator Equivalent to the TRV?

by ericmark » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm

My fan assisted radiator equivalent turns on and off, although there is a speed control this is manual, the early TRV switched on/off but the latter ones slowly open and close to give a very well controlled room temperature as long as no one messes it all up by fitting a wall thermostat.

So is there a new fan assisted radiator with a variable fan speed so colder it gets the faster the fan runs? or some add on to make the old ones work that way?

I have been considering this for two reasons, At home when Myson turns off I feel it getting colder within minutes, The Hysteresis is really high, and second the fan makes a far bit of noise so running slower would reduce noise, And last my mother-in-law broke off the speed control knob so not easy to adjust speed.

At some point I want to fit a new boiler, that will be likely condensate type, so having a radiator which will vary the way the eTRV does would be good, considering fitting one of the old lamp dimmers removed when we went LED to vary temperature, but not worth it if there is a proper unit for doing the job.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Is There a Fan Assisted Radiator Equivalent to the TRV?

by ericmark » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:18 am

I can now reply to my own post, yes there is, the new Myson automatically adjusts the fan speed off and three speeds to adjust output according to temperature of incoming air.

I can't see a way however of easy converting the old Myson radiator to do the same.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1