Is This Penetrating Damp in Corner of Utility Room or Something Else?

Postby kensitp » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:39 am

As per the photos we have found damp in the exterior wall corner of our utility room, behind a wall unit. Is this damp penetrating from the outside, or could it be the heat from the tumble drier etc which has gone up behind the wall unit and caused damp? There's no sign of any cracks or water entry from the outside rendered wall. What's the best way to resolve? All views welcome!! Many thanks.

IMG_1768.JPG

IMG_1767.JPG
kensitp
Progress to next rank:
10.5%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:32 pm

It looks like a upvc roof, and gutters are installed level, so there is no fall, so check the gutter, it looks to me like the gutter is overflowing in that corner, I would suggest installing another downpipe to reduce the amount of water.
welsh brickie

Postby kensitp » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:59 am

Many thanks for the reply. I've checked the guttering before and seems ok, the only thing I was wondering was where the UPVC sills join in that corner the mitre cut does not have any sealant in it and you can see a gap between the two sills where they join, see pic. Could this be where the water is entering?
Attachments
IMG_1763.JPG
IMG_1765.JPG
kensitp
Progress to next rank:
10.5%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!