Joining two pieces of skirting
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
matthill79
Labourer
Labourer

Joining two pieces of skirting

Post by matthill79 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:57 am

Hi

I'm about to start a project to laminate our living room floor. I am replacing the skirting and have a very long wall which needs two pieces of wood along it's length.

Can anyone please advise the best way to join the two pieces of wood so that the join is invisible?

Thanks in advance.
Matt

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

Post by acsimpson » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:29 am

If you aren't painting over the skirting you will never get an invisible join and so it is best to try and put it in a position where it will be less noticable. Assuming you are painting them you should cut both pieces vertically at 45 degrees and then nail through both pieces when fitting.

then fill the nail heads and join, sand and paint as usual.

DIY Nick
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Joining two pieces of skirting

Post by DIY Nick » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:03 pm

[quote="matthill79"]Hi

I'm about to start a project to laminate our living room floor. I am replacing the skirting and have a very long wall which needs two pieces of wood along it's length.

Can anyone please advise the best way to join the two pieces of wood so that the join is invisible?

Thanks in advance.
Matt[/quote]

Mitred joint a use caulking in the joint. Sand down before primer and gloss.
Joint will be invisible.

johnthejoiner
Apprentice
Apprentice

skirting joint

Post by johnthejoiner » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:08 pm

if you have a radiator in the room hide the joint behind when you cut the skirting clamp two peices together cut the joint in one cut then cut the other end to suit

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

Post by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Discover how easy it is to find vetted and insured tradesman local to your area with the help of DIY Doctor. Visit our Find a Tradesman area: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:45 am