joists in a loft.

Postby cubs » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:44 pm

In my bungalow loft there are 3 or4 joists running at right angles across the ceiling joists, one end of the joists are fixed in the outer wall of the bungalow and the other end is fixed in a centre wall. Then another joist end is fixed in the centre wall and the other end is fixed in the adjoining wall with next door.
What are these joists for? and what are they called?.
Yours Sincerely,
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 pm


Simply Build It

Postby xavi99 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:06 pm

My guess is that they are binders and they split the span of the ceiling joists, so the joists can be smaller.

Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics