Keeping a upvc door open in summer
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
CidermanJoe
Labourer
Labourer

Keeping a upvc door open in summer

by CidermanJoe » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:44 pm

First warm day of the year, and I've just realised one disadvantage of replacing my old wooden back door with a new uPVC one. How do I keep the door open in the summer? On my old door I used a cabin hook and eye, but I don't fancy drilling into the plastic. Any suggestions, please?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Keeping a upvc door open in summer

by welsh brickie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:25 pm

you can buy a stay, which is a flat piece of metal that fixes to the rebate at the top of the door

CidermanJoe
Labourer
Labourer

by CidermanJoe » Wed May 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Thanks for that. I also found another way of doing it - I've put a very strong hook on the outside wall, and looped a length of plastic chain around the *inside* door handle. Works well ...so far!

Benchmark
Labourer
Labourer

by Benchmark » Wed May 08, 2013 11:27 am

I was going to say just tie a piece of string around the handle and attach this to the hook on the wall, it has worked for me for many years.
If the method you have been using and the one I suggest fail then you could always contact your local double glazing company to find out what they can offer you.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:40 pm