keston celsius 25 problem firing
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
baldilocks
Labourer
Labourer

keston celsius 25 problem firing

by baldilocks » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:02 pm

hi i have the unfortunate luck to own a house with the celsius 25 and have had experience with others on our estate.

the issue at the moment seems to be that it will not fire, it goes through the start up sequence but after the 4th attempt locks out, i thought aha thermo couple but it's electronic ignition, so phoned Keston direct and they said spark electrode, so after an almighty muck up on the behalf of HRP, i finally have one today a week later i've just fitted it and hey presto still doesn't fire, my meager conclusion draws me to gas valve as there is gas before the solenoid but nothing after or the pcb board as i haven't heard the thing spark (even tried it like you do with a car external with an earth point secured to it) help cause it's cold

gazwads
Apprentice
Apprentice

by gazwads » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:24 pm

if it isn't sparking then i would suspect the pcb, but my first thought was gas valve. what could have happened is the gas valve went then burnt out the pcb so may require both, make sure there is no sparking first. might be worth calling british gas n paying 10quid a month n get it fixed rather than fork out for both parts

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi,

Is your fan running?

baldilocks
Labourer
Labourer

a knackered celsius 25

by baldilocks » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:49 pm

hi all, thanks for the help, the DBI board was shot got a keston engineer out and installed a new one, that worked but hey ho lasted 2 days, the new board has started arcing on the back, and there now seems to be kettling on the heat exchanger which was changed only a year ago, the pump light now goes into overheat.

all i can say is argghhhhhh, Keston guy says he can't get out ill tomoz.

i drained the boiler down thinking it was airlocked and stripped down the AAV to make sure that was working, i filled it back up and vented it all same issue still.

once again advice appreciated and please no "take a hammer to it", though i would love too.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:35 am

Get him back pronto-- PCBs aint cheap

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:05 am