Kitchen base units against uneven wall
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
confusedkev
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen base units against uneven wall

by confusedkev » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:45 am

Hello there. I have read the kitchen installation guide and have found it very useful. I have got to the bit where I need to screw the base units to the wall. Unfortunately, there is a gap between the top of the cabinet and the wall. This seems to be because of a combination of rough floor, rough plastering near the bottom of the wall and a wall that isn't quite flat in the first place.

I have so far chipped protruding bits of plaster away which helps only a tiny bit. Now I am considering pulling the cabinets away from the wall (taking oak worktop depth into account) and maintaining the gap with the brackets. Also I thought about putting a batten along the wall and only screwing the cabinets to the batten.

I have searched on the internet and in the many kitchen installation guides they all assume that the cabinets are capable of going up against the wall.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Kitchen base units against uneven wall

by welsh brickie » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Chase out the plaster and drill and fix a batten to the wall,with the batten fixed straight and level all the units can be fixed easily.

confusedkev
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Kitchen base units against uneven wall

by confusedkev » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:41 pm

That sounds like a good idea - I will go with that. Thanks for the reply.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 am