Been pulling out what little hair I have left this afternoon.
I have a Bosch 10" sliding mitre saw which can cut compound mitres with ease.
Problem I'm having is that following the instructions from Bosch the joint just doesn't work, it ends up wider at the top than the bottom.
The instructions are as follows (I only need to cut external corner joints)..
- set the bevel to a preset 33.9 degrees
- for the left half of the joint set the mitre to a preset 31.6 degrees to the left
- put the moulding flat on the worktable with the bottom edge against the fence
- make the cut and the finished work piece is to the right
- for the r/h piece set the mitre to 31.6 degrees to the right
- place work piece flat with top edge against the fence
- make the cut and the finished piece is to the right
Have I missed something?