Kitchen Cupboard Door screws
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andy.g.allen
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Cupboard Door screws

by andy.g.allen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 am

I have a kitchen cupboard door where the screws have come out of the unit and there is nothing really to screw them back into as they've moved so much and 'sanded' away where they should purchase.

I can't move the hinges on the door and so cannot seemingly resecure the screws back into the unit. Any thoughts appreciated. I'm sure there's a simple idea but I can't think of it and the door is hanging off!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:42 pm

andy.g.allen,
Buy some 2-part filler and use this to make good the holed area.
end

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:33 pm

does the cupboard have an end panel attached to it? if so you could use longer screws to get a decent fixing into that.

alternatively you can move the hinge. you will need a 35mm forstner drill bit to do this. it's a little tricky, time care and patience required. the centre of the hole needs to be 20.5mm from the back edge of the door.

i wouldn't try filling the holes or gluing/no nails to try and glue the screws back in, this rarely works and if it does it won't hold out for long.

andy.g.allen
Labourer
Labourer

by andy.g.allen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:32 pm

I can't access the other side of the cupboard to put a plate on. When you say move the hinge, do you mean move where it meets the door and hence I need to drill a new hole for hte hinge bracket to sit in and this moved placing will allow me to secure it to another part of the cupboard wall?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:49 am