Kitchen Diner Design Ideas Needed
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pies
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Diner Design Ideas Needed

by pies » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:26 am

Hello,

I'm fairly new to being able to have the money and inclination to design a new kitchen. The money being saved for many years, the inclination comes from child number 2 needing the current dining room as a bedroom!

I have, what is essentially a 2.7 metre by 3.6 metre kitchen (not including the odd enclave). I'm not used to a large kitchen, so do not require too much worktop space, but enough to just prepare dinner would be fine. We would like to fit a table that could fit 4 comfortably and 6 at a push.

We have been to the usual B&Q, Wickes and Howdens for ideas, but they have not come back with anything that we hadn't thought of.

We have investigated an extension idea - but that is out of our budget, so we're looking to use the space we have!

I am/have thought about having a bench seat style table, that may allow for space saving. Maybe a small 'U' style kitchen near the window. But I'm sure that there is a simple solution to our problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have attached a rough floor plan.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
DIY kitchen 1.0.jpg

Dreamhomedreamer
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Kitchen Diner Design Ideas Needed

by Dreamhomedreamer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:05 am

Hi, have you looked on Pinterest for ideas? I think you could save space using a kind of banquet style seating arrangement against kitchen units and will be a more effective use of space. Type in kitchen diner, and banquet seating. Hth

Hugh Schkok
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Hugh Schkok » Mon May 13, 2019 8:47 pm

I don't see any place the sink(s) may be. They are usually under the window. What are your man's abilities with woodworking and/or cabinet making. I ask this because I would err toward a custom cupboard design and making cabinets is child's play if you know how to do it. I can see nowhere to eat.

I am going to assume you maybe looking at a servery bar. If you design and make it yourself it can be folded up and put away when/if you need more space. It is after all a very small space. How many are there going to be eating at any one time? Off the shelf kitchen units are in denominations of 500mm , 1000mm, 1500mm and so on. You may also ned to have a Lazy Suzan as a good space saving option and that may take the place of a unit so you have to design your kitchen around them and not how I would go about it as building the units around the kitchen diner. You need to consider the aspects (view) from the room and the lighting. Get you ideas firmed up and get back then a clearer resolve can be submitted. Do not panic you have ample space and a lot can be done in it but remember the 5 P's Perfect Planning Prevents P155poor Performance/ Get back when you have a clearer idea and I and many others WILL be able to help you of that I'm sure

Hugh

eladesign
Apprentice
Apprentice

by eladesign » Fri May 17, 2019 7:20 am

I would ask a professional for help and price. And yes, have a look on Pintrest for inspiration, you can find many designs.

Rastogi8
Labourer
Labourer

by Rastogi8 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:56 pm

I would like to get a good design for my new home kitchen. If someone has a unique one please give me an idea.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm