Kitchen Diner Design Ideas Needed

Postby pies » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:26 am

Hello,

I'm fairly new to being able to have the money and inclination to design a new kitchen. The money being saved for many years, the inclination comes from child number 2 needing the current dining room as a bedroom!

I have, what is essentially a 2.7 metre by 3.6 metre kitchen (not including the odd enclave). I'm not used to a large kitchen, so do not require too much worktop space, but enough to just prepare dinner would be fine. We would like to fit a table that could fit 4 comfortably and 6 at a push.

We have been to the usual B&Q, Wickes and Howdens for ideas, but they have not come back with anything that we hadn't thought of.

We have investigated an extension idea - but that is out of our budget, so we're looking to use the space we have!

I am/have thought about having a bench seat style table, that may allow for space saving. Maybe a small 'U' style kitchen near the window. But I'm sure that there is a simple solution to our problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have attached a rough floor plan.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
DIY kitchen 1.0.jpg
pies
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Dreamhomedreamer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:05 am

Hi, have you looked on Pinterest for ideas? I think you could save space using a kind of banquet style seating arrangement against kitchen units and will be a more effective use of space. Type in kitchen diner, and banquet seating. Hth
Dreamhomedreamer
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!