Kitchen hob next to tall unit with SS/other splashback
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Janine
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen hob next to tall unit with SS/other splashback

by Janine » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi, I'd be REALLY grateful for some help. I'm planning a new kitchen...it's very small with three doors off of it and there's really only two ways the kitchen can be refitted. The way I like involves having an integrated fridge freezer 60cm unit, next to an integrated hob 60cm unit on one wall. I do intend to look for a heat resistant splashback to fix to the side of the fridge freezer unit, as well as behind the hob. Are there any regulations about this?
Thanks, Janine

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:30 pm

Yes indeed they are regulations, I'm no expert 450mm and 300mm ring a bell. I think you can not have a gas hob below a wall unit lower than 450mm and tall units within 300mm but may be 400mm of gas hobs.
But I am being vague, so i suggest find the gas and gas fitting forum and put your post there for a more knowledgable reply.
KB

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:38 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1