Kitchen Light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nicola
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Light

by nicola » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:26 pm

:( :( :(

Hi there, I have just taken down the old light in my kitchen and the wires I have in the ceiling are 1 green/yellow, 1 black and 2 sets of red. I have wired the light as per instructions but originally one of the reds was not connected but when I turn the light on it stays on permanently. I have two connected light switches in the kitchen and the other light I did works perfectly but this one i really dont know what to do now.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:15 pm

Hi Nicola,
are you sure thats all the wires you have?
If u only have 1 earth & 1 black (N) why 2 'sets' of reds; not usual unless u have 3 reds, in which case your earths will be 2 in 1 piece of grn/yel sleeving.
If this is the case [& u can check at sw.] there will be 1 red comming from same cable as your blk, & 2 reds which go to sw.
If so then put one of the twin reds in a spare connector with the single red from other cable, these don't connect to light fitting at all, connect fitting Neutral to blk. & Live to remaining red,(plus connect earth(s)).
That should do it, Regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:02 pm