Kitchen or Diner Extention and Living in Property While Work is Carried out

Postby alexkerr » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi,
We are planning on buying a property and want to extend it. We are planning on doing the kitchen first and would like to understand how to manage living at the property while this is being done. Specifically the ability to cook.

The bedrooms are out of the way and there is possibility to totally seal the work off. My question is more around coping without the kitchen. My initial thought was to hire a static since it has a kitchen but I need planning permission and can’t really afford the time to wait for the approval, especially since it might be rejected.

Can I buy/rent a standard caravan without planning?

The in-laws live very close to the property but we have 2 youngsters and don’t want to put on them too much but washing clothes and other stuff like that they can help with. I would just like somewhere to prepare meals.

Is there anything else except a caravan that would work? I am not one for having endless microwave meals either.

Any advice would be much appreciated
alexkerr
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

DIY asbestos test kits

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!