Kitchen tiling
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gerryyy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Kitchen tiling

by gerryyy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:43 pm

Hi, i'm tiling an L-SHAPED kitchen, with a cooker hood on one wall and an 1800 window on the other.. i have tiled before, but usually working to someone elses measurements. how do i centre the tiles, to the centre of the wall, or to the centre of the hood/window?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:38 pm

HI gerryyy,
you want to have as you've said the centre tile at the window and at the cooker hood. Looks better.
Best of Luck
KB

mrgtg1
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Kitchen tiling

by mrgtg1 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:27 am

[quote="gerryyy"]Hi, i'm tiling an L-SHAPED kitchen, with a cooker hood on one wall and an 1800 window on the other.. i have tiled before, but usually working to someone elses measurements. how do i centre the tiles, to the centre of the wall, or to the centre of the hood/window?[/quote] Gerry you need to measure both walls and the width of your tile - it maybe better to have a full tile in the centre of the cooker hood, but then again it depends how the tiles work out at the end of the run ,ie in the corners - so drop a line vertically in the centre of your hood and with a tile in your hand and a pencil on the side of the tile, mark a tile at a time towards the corner to see how it will work out, do this both ways from the centre, if the cuts are good go with a centre tile, if they are not you might be best placed with the tile falling either side of the centre line - each wall is different try both options. With respect to your window - you want good cuts either side of the window, or a full tile one side and a reasonable amount the other side - so try first with a full tile one side and work across the bottom of the window to see how it be on the other side, if thats ok, check into both corners - easy (not)! Matthew

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:06 pm