kitchen unit lighting

Postby bestclaire » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:31 am

I need help! i have mains wiring in my kitchen connected to the main light switch for lights under my kitchen units. All the lights i seem to find in the shops have a transformer, which i know i need, but also a plug... I don't want them plugged in, just to work off the light switch. why can't i find any which are ok to be wired into the mains?
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:27 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Go to your local trade electrical stockist eg WF Electrical I'm sure they will help you.
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby ericmark » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:47 am

The word to look at is "Kitchen" and "Part P" and the law now requires any electrics other than direct replacement in a kitchen to be registered under Part P if permanent. That means even if you nail in a few clips to tidy cable and plug in.

So yes most can be wired in but they are sold in modular form to comply with Part P.
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Mold, North Wales.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics