Kitchen units on uneven floor
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Raffaz
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen units on uneven floor

Post by Raffaz » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:52 am

Hi,

Im about to replace my kitchen but when i have checked the level of the floor it is 1cm lower at one end, from what i understand i should fit the units to the higher level but what do you do with the kick boards as there will be a 1cm gap at the low level. Thanks in advance.

Mick

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Raffaz,
Start with the units at the lower level and set their height so they fit the height of the kicker boards. As the gap for the kicker boards gets smaller you can cut/plane the edge off the KBs.
end

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:52 pm

As you posted this earlier today, I guess the kitchen is already in by now, but anyway....

It doesn't matter which end you start, and you could start the low end and cut the plinths down to suit but there is one thing you must take in to account.

If you intend to put freestanding appliances under the worktop, you must make sure they are still going to fit. If the floor is to be tiled, this will make the problem even worse. Raise the height of the legs to allow for any increase in floor height.

If you split the difference with the 10mm slope, the short plinth height will be unnoticeable under the cupboards and the extra can be trimmed off. Remember, that's why units have adjustable legs to cope with these problems.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:02 am