Kitchen Wall Units - How High?
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mdemetri2
Tradesman
Tradesman

Kitchen Wall Units - How High?

Post by mdemetri2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:01 am

Hello All,

Great forum as usual. I'm installing a new kitchen in our first home and enjoying it. Just a question though - is there a standard height for wall units from the kitchen worktop?

I have found somewhere that suggests its 44cm and I have checked this at my local B&Q and its the same. However our ceilings are fairly low (a little over 2m from memory) and we have wall units to go either side of the cooker extractor - I feel if they are too low the units are going to get damaged from the heat and at the same time dont want them too far up the wall so it looks silly, but thought there maybe some standard?

Many thanks for your help in advance!! :D

Demetri

toptips
Ganger
Ganger

Post by toptips » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:24 am

hi,if your going to tile the wall between the worktop and wall units allow for full tiles to save on cutting.iv'e recently done a job where the spec was 500mm from worktop to underside of unit to allow for 5x100mm tiles.

alan277
Labourer
Labourer

Post by alan277 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:49 pm

You don't mention how high the wall units are, but if you look at what the height of a 'full height oven housing' is in your kitchen style then subtract the wall unit height it will give you the height to the underside of your wall units for that particular kitchen. also look at the hob installations/instructions this should give you the recommended minimum height of the wall units from the appliance. hope this helps.

chippybird
Labourer
Labourer

wall units

Post by chippybird » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:57 pm

many wall units are 720mm high and often sit 500mm or more above worktop height but when building above a hob there are regulations.. min height for extractor over an electric/gas hob generally 650mm up to 750mm.. due to fire hazard if a pan caught alight etc... if you choose a slimline 600 cabinet to span the hob area then this might solve the problem of setting all the wall units at the same height .. Hope this helps...

Chippybird

thedoctor

Re: Kitchen Wall Units - How High?

Post by thedoctor » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:08 am

Please see our projects section for general advice on fitting or hanging kitchen wall units. Includes useful guides with diagrams and lots of other useful information. Thanks.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:18 am