kithchen floor laminate
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fremman
Labourer
Labourer

kithchen floor laminate

by fremman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 pm

which is best? lay laminate flooring before installing kitchen units or after? :roll:

tav
Apprentice
Apprentice

by tav » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:57 pm

personally i would fit units first then floor .just because if you have to lift the floor for any reason .it would be a lot easier to lift . you can still put the floor under the plinth giving you a good finish and your units may have matching end panels which could be fitted after to hide the gap at the end of the unit .

azaramus
Labourer
Labourer

by azaramus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:46 pm

Im told it all depends on if you want the plinth look or a more contempary look with it all on show underneath the units. The people i'm getting in to do the kitchen in my flat are going to put under unit lighting in for me, so I guess my floor will have to go down first as it will need to go right to the edge? I hope they do a good job, has anyone used them before? (denovo kitchens in Chester?) can't remember the web site address sorry...

badge
Apprentice
Apprentice

by badge » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:40 pm

put your kitchen in first,because if you get problem with your floor when your kitchen is in you could the kitchen getting the floor out

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:17 am