knocking down supporting internal wall

Postby mothster » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:14 am

im on here as my partner is about to knock out the wall between the lounge and dining room. it is a supporting wall.

even though he knows what he is doing (to a degree) it is the 1st time he has done anything like this and is starting to panic a little.

so, whilst he is of to the hire shop to get all the bits we need can anyone please offer any advice.

so far he knows the size of the steel we need
the amount of across & boards for them to stand on
that we need pad stones
a cutter to get through the brick

what he needs i think is reassurance of a step by step account of what he should be doing and when.

he has the next two weeks off to do this
project starts [b]TOMORROW
please anyone with experience feel free to advise

Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:05 am


Simply Build It

Postby rosebery » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Well for starters you need Building Regulations Approval to do this as its structural so the first and only task at the start of tomorrow is to high tail it over to your local BCO where the friendly inspector will be pleased to advise you.

Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics