I have recently moved house where the landing and hall lights (both down lighters) have worked fine. For info the upstairs switch is a dimmer and the downstairs one a rocker. There is wiring in place for an additional light fitting off one of the beams but when I connected a light fitting to it (chandalier type thing with c.5 candle lights) the lights in the landing and the chandalier come on and then fade away after about 5 seconds. Nothing fuses and if I turn the switch off and then on again, the same happens.
Any ideas why - is the circuit overloaded or do you think its justy a problem with one of the switches? And any ideas how I can resolve please.