Laying a concrete floor in lounge
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dandoozle
Labourer
Labourer

Laying a concrete floor in lounge

by dandoozle » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:15 pm

I have noticed that i seem to be getting damp coming up through my carpet, which is laid over a stone-flag floor. I would like to remove the flag floor itself, and replace with concrete. My questions if anyone would be kind enough to help are;

Obviously, i need to lift and remove flags, but what depth of concrete do i need to replace them with?

Also can anyone recommend which Damp Proof Membrane i should be using?

And does this membrane go between concrete and new laminate flooring, or below concrete level?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

mushyboy67
Apprentice
Apprentice

by mushyboy67 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:40 pm

hi there,right lets get into it.firstly you need at least 12inches from the existing floor level down into the ground,you really need 4inches of concrete,3to4 inches of kingspan or celetex boarding and 4 inches of hardcore which needs to be compacted,you need 1200 gauge dpm,i always put the dpm ontop of the hardcore ,then put the boarding tightly together then concrete i tend to use a wet concrete mix as it makes it easier to level

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:35 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:48 pm