Laying Engineered Parquet Boards Herringbone Pattern - Has Anyone Done This Before?
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
matteeoohart
Labourer
Labourer

Laying Engineered Parquet Boards Herringbone Pattern - Has Anyone Done This Before?

by matteeoohart » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Does anyone have experience of laying engineered LOC system parquet flooring(herringbone pattern)?

I have found a good looking product by flooring supplies .co,uk, (15mm thick solid wood, oak veneered on top). But the instructions are a bit suspect to me. There are 2 boards - A and B, and the instructions show them clipping together quite easily. However when I really look at it, they have to clip together on two edges at the same time - which in theory is not possible!

So there must be a knack to it - tapping them into place - I dont want to take this job on unless Im confident that the system is relatively easy to get the hang of. Anyone done this?

Matt (Bristol)

thedoctor

Re: Laying Engineered Parquet Boards Herringbone Pattern - Has Anyone Done This Before?

by thedoctor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:15 pm

Not the easyest job in the world layng LOC herringbone Matt but really rewarding once it's down. Follow the link to a comprehensive instruction sheet on laying the floor.

http://static.flooringsupplies.co.uk/do ... ctions.pdf

These instructions are as comprehensive as it gets for laying this type of floor. It is not the simplest task as Ive said, but it is one of the nicest finishes.

Only one side is lowered, then the block is slid into the one at right angles to it. Admittedly this is not particularly clear but when you think about it, there is no other possible way.

Please do let us know how you get on as your feedback can help others with the same problem,

Chrised620365
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Laying Engineered Parquet Boards Herringbone Pattern - Has Anyone Done This Before?

by Chrised620365 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:47 am

Hi Matt,

Just reading your post from a while ago, I'm looking to lay an engineered herringbone pattern in my front room and dining room.

How did you get on with yours? And did you follow this LOC instructions posted on the forum?

Cheers,

Christian

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:56 am