Laying slate tile on a bathroom wall
Brickwork, drystone walling, render are a few subjects covered here. Click here to post questions and get answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Crerar
Labourer
Labourer

Laying slate tile on a bathroom wall

by Crerar » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:48 pm

My husband and I are redoing our bathroom in slate tile. The whole back wall will be done in 8 1/2" x 16" slate. What's the best way of getting these stuck on the wall without sliding around and changing position? I want the full tile at the top and the cut piece at the bottom. HELP would be much appreciated. Thanks.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:45 am

Vist a tiling showroom and ask them to recommend the best powder adhesive for your particular tiles. The tiles are laid onto a batten fixed to the wall at the bottom so that (you will already have premeasured) the last tile finishes at the top of the ceiling if you are lucky enough to have a square room. They are laid onto spacers so they cannot move around as you lay them. When they have set, the batten is removed and the bottom tile is cut into position. See our bathroom project and you will get a good idea of how to lay tiles and stay tuned for our ceramic tile project which is to be published at the end of the month.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:54 am