Leak repaired but new damp patch has appeared. What to do?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paola2102
Labourer
Labourer

Leak repaired but new damp patch has appeared. What to do?

Post by paola2102 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:42 am

Hallo. I have read your project page about Diagnosing and analysing damp and I have one question. About four weeks ago I had a leaking pipe repaired. It was under the floor and by the wall on the ground floor. In order to do this the wall was broken into and the wooden floor lifted. The walls were then replastered and repainted. The wooden floor has not yet been replaced so at the moment the floor is showing as concrete in the corner that was treated. During the past week or so damp has appeared in one of the corners. From reading your project page I understand this may be due to contaminated plaster as the damp looks like your description of 'fluffy white salt and crunchy beneath flaky paint'. If that is the case, will it sort itself out? Does it need treatment? Could it be a fresh leak? Could it be rising damp? What should I do?
Thank you very much for your reply.
paola2102[/b]

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

free advice

Post by dcmoore » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:39 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:52 am