Leaking hot water tank
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
poppymirry1
Labourer
Labourer

Leaking hot water tank

Post by poppymirry1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 am

HELP! We have a small hole in our water tank and it is spurting out water which is then leaking through our ceiling. We need to turn off the water to the tank but don't know which valve to use. Can anyone give us some help. Also is it possible to repair the hole. It is a tiny pin prick of a thing! As you can tell I am no expert in the field of central heating so when I found this site I thought I would give it a go and ask around. Thanks.

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

Post by DEEARR2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:36 pm

If the tank you refer to is the storage tank in loft then there should be a valve close to the ball valve feeding the tank. As this tank holds a considersble amout of water you would look for a drain valve for a quick empty. Concerns arise as to the small hole that has suddenly appeared which may be caused by corrosion leading to something major.
Should the tank be the copper hot water storage tank then there should be a valve on the pipework going to the lowest connection on the tank. Again you will be looking for the drain valve for this tank for a quick empty. To avoid any catastrophies phone a plumber ASAP.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1