leaky combi boiler and drop in pressure
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
squirley
Labourer
Labourer

leaky combi boiler and drop in pressure

by squirley » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi all - I'm new to this so I'll just state my massive problem. LAst year moved into a house with vokera linea combi boiler, the flashy red light and code 4 quite a lot, so I repressurised...many times. Over summer this all seemed fine, not much repressurising needed, only monthly or so, which i can live with. But now it's chilly up here in Scotland and the heating is on a lot and the damn boiler is leaking water out a pipe somewhere directly IN the boiler. Aaaaaand I have to repressurise the thing every few hours or so. My baby woke up last night because it was so cold *brrrrr* and the heating hadn't come on when it should.

anyways - ramble ramble - I need some advice or help. I've downloaded the manual and the installation instructions directly from vokera, but, I couldn't find anything to shed light on the subject.

Someone please help. :(

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:40 pm

If there's water leaking from the boiler, then that's more than likely to be the problem. Could be a leak from a joint, auto airvent etc etc. The smallest leak is enough to lose the system pressure.

Try to locate the leak, keep an eye on the pressure, does it rise when in use ? (it will maybe 0.5 to 1.0 bar) but shouldn't be much more than this.

squirley
Labourer
Labourer

by squirley » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:26 pm

the pressure goes up when the heating is on - from what I've read so far on the internet, it looks like a faulty pressure release valve (i think). Plumber phoned today, left a message but no reply :( it really needs sorted, I've collected a tub full of water in just one day and had to repressurise 4 times today alone.

thanks for reply.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:49 pm

if the boiler pressure is rising to above 3.5 - 4 bar then it's probably a fault with the expansion vessel.

mobyfagan
Labourer
Labourer

Re: leaky combi boiler and drop in pressure

by mobyfagan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:33 pm

my problem is low pressure 0.5bar there is no filling loop it fills from tank in attic gravity feed how do i re pressure boiler

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1