LED Downlight installation
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jonF
Labourer
Labourer

LED Downlight installation

by jonF » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Dear all,

I am looking for some advice on the installation of LED downlights. My kitchen is currently fitted with 8 x 240V Halogen (35W) downlights on two circuits (2 x 4's on seperate switches).

I would like to replace the GU10 bulbs with LED bulbs. I am looking at using 3W bulbs in each.

Since I would like to keep the original fittings, I am wondering what changes need to be made to the circuit. Both circuits are currently wired in parallel.

Is this a simple bulb swap? I have read something about constant current transformers......

Can anyone provide some words of wisdom on what I need to do to sort me out?

Thanks very much.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:41 am

It should be a straight swap. The only problem with both LED and Cold Cathode (florescent) types is sometimes they are longer than the tungsten originals and stick out of the holder. Some replacements don't have the correct bevel and will only fit GZ10 and not GU10 holders.

The consent current transformers I have only ever seen on Aircraft ground lighting never seen it with any domestic lighting.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:21 am