Leveling an unleveled kitchen floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
robbie11940
Labourer
Labourer

Leveling an unleveled kitchen floor

Post by robbie11940 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:27 am

I have removed my kitchen units and will be removing the tiles on the kitchen floor this weekend. Once this is done I am planning on leveling the floor. It is about 3m x 4m and has a run from one corner to the other the drop is about 50mm and the whole floor is uneven. I was going to use a self leveling screed that can cope with this depth any suggestions. Also is it possible to go over the tiles.

:? [/b]

sorethumb
Labourer
Labourer

Post by sorethumb » Fri May 02, 2008 7:20 pm

no reply i'm afraid, but the same question.
we've got quite badly laid floor tiles on a concrete floor. the mother-in-law is desperate to press on with my building her kitchen and has suggested we glue a new vinyl floor over the top. i'm thinking that a levelling compound of some kind may save the day, so that the vinyl doesn't wear where the existing tiles are uneven/ between the tiles. is this just a nasty idea? should we suffer and remove the tiles, pray there is nothing heinous underneath then slap the vinyl down?
any help most gratefully received before i go completely grey,

cheers,

stuart

candjartists
Labourer
Labourer

uneven kitchen floor

Post by candjartists » Mon May 05, 2008 7:46 am

Again - no answer but I too have an uneven concrete kitchen floor. It also has a step of between about 25mm and 50mm there is evidence of some plastic under one part of the floor.
How do I level the floor? How do I know whats going on underneath.
Is it possible to make a small exploration hole and reseal the membrane if it exists? Maybe I should take up the floor and start again - one day :(

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:01 am