levelling out a step in the floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
misterman
Labourer
Labourer

levelling out a step in the floor

by misterman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:59 pm

I intend to tile my kitchen floor but there is a step in the level of the concrete where a wall has been taken away (i.e. was previously two seperate rooms) to make a kitchen/diner so I have one half of the floor about 10mm higher than the rest. I was going to just section off part of the lower level (where I want to tile to) and fill it with a self levelling compond.

However, I want to then lay laminate next to the tiles for the dining area. Problem is that by the time I have put the levelling compound, the adhesive and the tiles down it is going to be a much higher level than the laminate and underlay.

Has anyone got any suggestions of what I can do to get a decent finish without too much cost? i was considering levelling the entire room but seems quite expensive and tricky from what I've read so far. Ive never used any levelling compounds before and dont want to bite off more than i can chew so all advice is welcomed.

peterest
Labourer
Labourer

by peterest » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Might pay you long term to self level the whole lot.
Have a look at the Ultra IT HD Top here

Google "epoxyproducts.co.uk/self%20levelling.html"

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:26 pm