light ring circuit
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hookey1
Labourer
Labourer

light ring circuit

by hookey1 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:47 pm

hi i have added a new ligth to the bedroom on a new fitting. but when i turn it on nothing happens but when i turn my bedroom light on the lights are dull and the new fitting works but are dull as well . i have checked the wiring but can,t see where i going wrong can anyone help

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: light ring circuit

by BLAKEY1963 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:24 pm

[quote="hookey1"]hi i have added a new ligth to the bedroom on a new fitting. but when i turn it on nothing happens but when i turn my bedroom light on the lights are dull and the new fitting works but are dull as well . i have checked the wiring but can,t see where i going wrong can anyone help[/quote]

HOOKEY1
Think you should get in a sparky to have a look at the situation

BLAKEY1963

ericmark

by ericmark » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:46 am

I will guess you have neutral and switch return wires mixed up. There is some help in projects section and if you look at other posts you will see how this is quite common. But unless you can identify the switch return wire it should have a red or brown sleeve on it then I would think you will need a spark to identify the wire.
All best Eric

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:03 pm