lighting

Postby steveshaw » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:10 am

hiya i wander if you can help me i leave my kitchen light on all night and every now and then about 6 times a day it goes out and comes back on it also gets other lights flicker as well even my bedroom light buzzes when its not switched on any ideas thks
steveshaw
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:14 pm

[quote="steveshaw"]hiya i wander if you can help me i leave my kitchen light on all night and every now and then about 6 times a day it goes out and comes back on it also gets other lights flicker as well even my bedroom light buzzes when its not switched on any ideas thks[/quote]

STEVESHAW

could be a number of issues here , best to get someone
in to look at this for you.
Yes it just could be the kitchen light causing the problem
or u could have a wiring issue to address , earthing ,
loose connections . Very hard to guess without looking.
Get someone in.

BLAKEY1963
BLAKEY1963
Progress to next rank:
34.8%

Postby steveshaw » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:28 pm

thks for your advice il look for loose wires and if i dont get anywere with tht il get some one in thks again
steveshaw
Progress to next rank:
75%

Postby jaffa19 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:52 pm

[quote="steveshaw"]hiya i wander if you can help me i leave my kitchen light on all night and every now and then about 6 times a day it goes out and comes back on it also gets other lights flicker as well even my bedroom light buzzes when its not switched on any ideas thks[/quote]

I remember my old boss stating to me that with some flourescent fittings the ballast can cause problems especially when on the same circuit as a dimmer unit and this can have a knock on effect throughout the circuit.
More modern flourescent fittings don't have this problem. :?:
jaffa19
Progress to next rank:
57.9%

Postby TOPSPARK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 pm

As your knowledge seems limited my best advice would be to get in an electrician for safety sake
regards
Topspark
TOPSPARK
Progress to next rank:
31.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!