lighting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steveshaw
Labourer
Labourer

lighting

by steveshaw » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:10 am

hiya i wander if you can help me i leave my kitchen light on all night and every now and then about 6 times a day it goes out and comes back on it also gets other lights flicker as well even my bedroom light buzzes when its not switched on any ideas thks

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: lighting

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:14 pm

[quote="steveshaw"]hiya i wander if you can help me i leave my kitchen light on all night and every now and then about 6 times a day it goes out and comes back on it also gets other lights flicker as well even my bedroom light buzzes when its not switched on any ideas thks[/quote]

STEVESHAW

could be a number of issues here , best to get someone
in to look at this for you.
Yes it just could be the kitchen light causing the problem
or u could have a wiring issue to address , earthing ,
loose connections . Very hard to guess without looking.
Get someone in.

BLAKEY1963

steveshaw
Labourer
Labourer

by steveshaw » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:28 pm

thks for your advice il look for loose wires and if i dont get anywere with tht il get some one in thks again

jaffa19
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: lighting

by jaffa19 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:52 pm

[quote="steveshaw"]hiya i wander if you can help me i leave my kitchen light on all night and every now and then about 6 times a day it goes out and comes back on it also gets other lights flicker as well even my bedroom light buzzes when its not switched on any ideas thks[/quote]

I remember my old boss stating to me that with some flourescent fittings the ballast can cause problems especially when on the same circuit as a dimmer unit and this can have a knock on effect throughout the circuit.
More modern flourescent fittings don't have this problem. :?:

TOPSPARK
Ganger
Ganger

by TOPSPARK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:48 pm

As your knowledge seems limited my best advice would be to get in an electrician for safety sake
regards
Topspark

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:31 pm