Lights doesnt work. Help Needed
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
haristha
Labourer
Labourer

Lights doesnt work. Help Needed

by haristha » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:31 am

Hi all,

In my living room one half of the room is lighted up well and the other half of the room is so dark as some days before the lights went off.

There are two dimmer switches which connects these two.

I dont know much about electricity stuff, but managed to check thru the electric tester, whether the connection is been supplied to the switches or not.

There is live connection to these switches and The bulbs are in good condition as well.

What else could be the issue?

The same connection is working for the other half of the room. I am so confused.

Please help me.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:45 pm

haristha,
You could have loose connection at light this could live or neutral, may not be the light that is off, but a light near to it as that light may be suppling live and neutral to faulty one and connection loose at that point
Or the switch may need replacing, if you have tester you can test for continuity across switch to rule that out.
Regards
KB

TOPSPARK
Ganger
Ganger

by TOPSPARK » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:38 pm

It sounds like to me you have a broken neutral connection on the light that is not working or perhaps a loose switch wire connection an the light fitting.I would recommend you isolate the lighting circuit and then open the light fitting up and check for loose or broken connections
regards
Topspark

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:56 am