Lining paper
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
denbo
Labourer
Labourer

Lining paper

by denbo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:17 pm

About to put lining paper on in my lounge is it correct that it is best to apply paper vertically

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:51 pm

vertically is much easier that's for sure.

usually horizontally if another paper is to be hung over the top so the joints beneath are less visible.

some would argue that horizontal is better as joints are less visible through paint as you don't get the shadow lines caused by natural light coming through the window.... personally i disagree, i think that bad joints will show no matter which way they run. conversely good joints won't show regardless of orientation.

having said that, good practice dictates that one should always paper AWAY from sources of natural light, a rule that is worth observing.

if you are a relative novice then make life easier for yourself and hang vertically. take time and care to get your joints nicely butted up, no gap or overlaps.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Depends if you are going to paper over the top of it. If so hang it horizontally. If you are planning to paint it hang it vertically.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:09 am