Loft Conversion Advise for 2 bed House That's 3 Years Old
Information and advice on lofts and loft conversions. Find solutions and post your questions here...

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Reevio
Labourer
Labourer

Loft Conversion Advise for 2 bed House That's 3 Years Old

by Reevio » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi there new to the forum I'm an electrician by trade moved into our two bedroom house 2 years ago house being 3 years old now the loft is huge and I think it has potential for a bedroom two velux windows and an on suite ,we are semi detached I've done a bit of measuring and this is what I've got any comments welcome thanks in advanced
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/ ... /image.jpg

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Loft Conversion Advise for 2 bed House That's 3 Years Old

by welsh brickie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:24 pm

you will need planning consent before starting the project, you will probably need purloins each side to take the weight as you will need to remove the braces, insulation upgrade, ventilated ridge etc your best speaking to building control first he will advise you on the local building requirements

Reevio
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Loft Conversion Advise for 2 bed House That's 3 Years Old

by Reevio » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Yeah going down all the correct routes with structual engineering and building control don't actually need planning permission as only installing roof veluxs and not dormers , I was thinking maybe 2 rsjs sat at either end on the concrete blocks new floor built off them and new rafters holding up the roof I have so much head room so can petty much do anything under the new floor

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:05 pm