Loft Conversion for use as PC Room for Kids
Information and advice on lofts and loft conversions. Find solutions and post your questions here...

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Typostranscend
Labourer
Labourer

Loft Conversion for use as PC Room for Kids

Post by Typostranscend » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Hey all thanks for reading my post,
I'm doing a standard loft conversion for my lads PC room cause him and his friends gather in the front room I gave them the loft but its on their budget

Main issue is the roof atm is 40 degrees was hoping to bring it down to room temp 20 -25,

Atm roof has silver bubble wrap up, I'm checking these insulated plasterboards out atm are they any good? £100 on them would cover my roof.
But will it drop the heat ? Maybe some fibreglass behind them??

I seen online people putting things like polystyrene on the roof tiles between batterns I was under the impression you leave a 3 inch airgap and go on top of the baterns ??

Any advice would be great my roof is standard triangle made from two rectangles measuring 4meters x 2.5meters each side

Typostranscend
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Loft Conversion for use as PC Room for Kids

Post by Typostranscend » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:28 am

the loft is liek this 1 in pic but with floor and silver bubble foil allover roof atmn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Typostranscend
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Typostranscend » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:34 am

any 1 know ? :(

beau stirling
Labourer
Labourer

Post by beau stirling » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:30 pm

the best way is to use a closed cell spray insulation. it goes onto the lining on the underside of the roof. stops condensation, heat transfer and is a very quick process. we used a company called Kozy lofts for ours.

LMBLoftConversions
Labourer
Labourer

Post by LMBLoftConversions » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:31 am

LMB Loft Conversions are one of the leading London loft conversion experts. Offering a 10 year guarantee for all loft conversions, with free design & planning for your loft. Whether creating a new PC Room for Kids with an en suite or a spacious home office, we assign a personal project manager to each job, giving you a singular point of contact throughout the process. The benefits of loft conversions have long been known, from the extra space they create in your home to the significant value they add to the property. A loft conversion is one of the most effective and affordable ways to add more space and value to a residential property.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm