LOFT CONVERSION HELP!!!
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zabeen
Labourer
Labourer

LOFT CONVERSION HELP!!!

by Zabeen » Mon May 14, 2007 6:39 pm

Hi

We need to build a room in our loft, as we need the space, nothing fancy just a big room for the extra space. Iv recently seen an advert in the newspaper from a company who will convert my loft in to a room, prices are: £3950 Half and £5950 Full. The advert really caught my eye as i have been quoted £25-£30,000. I have called up and this is what the service includes: dbl glazed window, suspended floors, staircase, insulation, plastering, main light, 2 power points and an electric heater, however they will not touch the actual roof. I or anyone i know has no experiance in Loft work, so I really dont know if what im getting is a good price or if its illegal and i shouldnt do it.

Can anybody help??

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Tue May 15, 2007 11:51 am

You need to contact several of their existing customers for testimonials (simply ask them for previous customers as references. If they are not prepared to give any dont use them. See our project on loft conversions for more info. We very strongly suspect that this advert may only apply to properties where absolutely everything is in perfect position for a very straigtforward conversion but in our experience, and having been building loft conversions for 17 years it is very very unlikely indeed. If you have been getting quotes around 25k then someone comes along for 6k check them out very carefully indeed.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:21 pm