Loft conversion

Postby graham.w » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:39 am

Just in the process of buying a house that has a loft conversion.Problem is there are no building regs.Not being a builder i was wondering if anyone had any rough ideas of what it would cost to get it passed,and what work would be involved.Any info would be appreciated

Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:32 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:06 pm

The sellers should take out an indemnity insurance to say that the work was all done to standard and permission was granted if needed. If anything happens and you are forced to upgrade the joists, or any other essential work, the indemnity should cover it.

The best person to ask is your solicitor - but you'll find they weill sort this out without any intervention from you. When selling a house you need the paperwork for conservatories, loft conversions etc if you can't get them the solicitor will ask for an indemnity insurance to be taken out.

htg engineer
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics