Loft Floor
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BATTY_1
Labourer
Labourer

Loft Floor

by BATTY_1 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:16 pm

Hi, hopefully you can help with this one,

I am looking at purchasing a dorma bugalow, that already has a dorma bedroom on one side and a "study" of the same proportion on the other side, on a survey that had previously been done, the surveyor stated that the floor would need to be re-inforced if it was to be used as a bedroom. The room is 13'6 x 13'7, i would like to know a guestimate of how much such work would cost. The surveyor did mention RSJ's but I am not sure what would need to be used.

What would be the cost to add a dormer to the existing "study", seeing as I will probably need to do the floor. I have read the project on Loft Conversion but it is difficult to get an idea for only bit's of it.

Thanks

Batty

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun May 27, 2007 11:42 am

Can't give prices on line Batty, there are just so many variables, size for example! An rsj is used to spread the load it is carrying to walls which are directly built on the foundations. A bit like a bridge, you can stand in the middel but your weight is supported by the two sides of the bridge touching the ground. You need an architect to explain and draw what needs to be done, then some builders can quote the cost of it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm